Hi friends! I hope your week is going well. Life has been insanely busy this week. Between getting ready to head on vacation next week, taking care of Koji by myself (Bernie is away on business), and wrapping up work, I haven’t had time to post last week’s recap. Well, let me get real, I’ve had time, but I’d so much rather spend that time walking my little nugget or relaxing on the couch with season 3 of OITNB. Downtime is so important when you’re training. Especially now that my mileage is starting to creep higher and higher. Thankfully, last week was a cut-back week, and boy was I ready for it!
- Monday: 3 miles on the treadmill (9:18 min/mile) plus 30 minutes of strength moves after work. Almost skipped this workout, but so glad I didn’t.
- Tuesday: 5 easy, sweaty, and steamy miles before work, 9:50 min/mile
- Wednesday: Heartbreak Hill Run club (average 8:37 min/mile pace)
- Thursday: Afterburn class—this class was all about endurance and cardio, but I still ended up being sore afterward!
- Friday: Rest day
- Saturday: 10 miles (9:49 min/mile). I meant to do 13, but I was short on time and was REALLY sore from Thursday’s workout and decided it was better to not push myself and get some extra rest.
- Sunday: Rest day
Overall, I’m happy with how the week went. I’m realizing now that Afterburn is going to have to take a back seat for a while. I’m just getting too sore to get quality long runs in on Saturday. I’m going to have to make sure to strength train on Mondays like I’ve been doing so that I don’t skip strength completely. So sad…I love Afterburn! But I keep reminding myself that it will be there when the marathon is over.
Sunday was also really fun because Bernie and I took our engagement photos with my friend and wedding photographer Caroline. The day was one of those “Murphy’s Law Matthews” days (Bernie ALMOST forgot his shoes, my Drybar blowout fell 30 minutes afterward, a random breakout 2 days beforehand, we couldn’t find parking, frazzled brain overall) but it was a fun night and the preview photo Caroline posted is INSANE. I can’t wait to see what the rest look like! Thank you Caroline, you’re a genius.
Now, to get my head in the game for the next couple days. I’m going to attempt running 17 miles Friday morning before work. It’s the only time I can fit it in since we leave for vacation on Saturday. This should be interesting…