WIAW #6: All About Balance {What I Ate Wednesday}

by Sarah on May 2, 2012 · 11 comments

in Boston,Food,WIAW

Happy Wednesday everyone! I’m so happy today is Wednesday – a couple steps closer to Friday. Tonight, Bernie and I are headed to Fenway Park to catch a Red Sox game! Should be a fun night. Today’s WIAW features eats from Tuesday. Make sure to head over to Jenn’s blog Peas and Crayons to see more WIAW posts.

Breakfast

Honey chobani with ground flax, Whole Foods bulk granola, and some delicious strawberries. The box of strawberries I got at Trader Joe’s have been phenomenal. They must be in season wherever they come from.

Lunch

Teddie PB, banana, and fig butter sandwich on Ezekiel bread, with bell pepper slices. About two hours later we had a meeting at work and celebrated a birthday…which lead to about half of this:

Dinner

After a good workout, I cooked up some dinner for Bernie and myself. This dinner included chicken sausage, whole wheat linguini, tomato sauce, mushrooms, and roasted baby carrots. A healthy meal to balance out the cake from this afternoon. Bernie’s parents’ next-door neighbor owns The Chateau, a local Italian restaurant in the greater Boston area. After chatting on Sunday afternoon, he gave me a can of his restaurant’s pasta sauce to try. Delicious!!!

Enjoy your Wednesday!

Any new eats from the week? Any recipes? Share! Have you ever been to a major league baseball game? I usually go to a few Sox games every season.

1 Lindsay @ Running the Windy City May 2, 2012 at 9:05 am

I love fig jam!

I usually go to a few Cubs games a year. We’re not any good but there’s something about being at Wrigley Field (old stadium) thats awesome!

2 blondebostonian May 2, 2012 at 10:55 am

I completely agree about the feeling of an old ball park. Wrigley and Fenway are one in the same in that regard. You definitely get the feeling that you’re stepping back into time. I love it!

3 Tessa @ Amazing Asset May 2, 2012 at 11:10 am

Ummm that cake?! Yum to say the very least :) Your dinner looks great too, I haven’t cooked linguini in quite sometime! I have only been to a few Red Sox games myself, but hope to attend more this summer

4 blondebostonian May 2, 2012 at 4:31 pm

A local bakery close to my office makes AMAZING cakes – so worth the sugar coma afterward.

5 Jocelyn @ Peace Love Nutrition May 2, 2012 at 2:34 pm

My cousin who lives in Tokyo is visiting here in NYC for the weekend. I really want to go there!

6 blondebostonian May 2, 2012 at 4:31 pm

Sounds like fun! Enjoy!

7 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake May 2, 2012 at 2:52 pm

Your lunch looks like my kind of sandwich!

8 blondebostonian May 2, 2012 at 4:31 pm

Yes! Love the old-school PB sandwich!

9 Stephanie @itrainthereforeieat May 2, 2012 at 4:58 pm

Holy Moly I must have missed your post when you said you were moving to a self-hosted site, because I was just sitting here thinking “Why haven’t I seen any posts from Blonde Bostonian in a while” And here you are!! Love the new look, the new site, and I’m now re-subscribed. Good to find you again!

10 blondebostonian May 2, 2012 at 5:46 pm

Oh, no! So glad you found me! I know – I wish I could have brought over the past subscriptions with the move. Would have made things a lot easier.

11 Sara @my less serious life May 2, 2012 at 8:45 pm