Hello friends, happy Friday! Another week is in the books! Since it’s been a crazy busy week and I don’t have much to report on today, I wanted to leave you with five things that I’m thankful for today.
- Thank you to the girl in the pink tank top running around the Reservoir yesterday after work. She passed me and my competitive nature kicked in. She acted as my rabbit for a good mile, pushing me to run harder. I eventually passed her which made me feel fast.
- Remember my friend who was in the hospital for heart issues, he traveled down to Baltimore on Wednesday to meet with his surgeon and they ended up scheduling his open-heart surgery for next Tuesday. I’m thankful that everyone is feeling really positive, including his doctor who thinks that the chance for complications is really low. Keep him in your thoughts. He’s a fantastic person – I want the best for him.
- I’m thankful that my racing schedule fell into perfect harmony. This weekend I’ll be running the Harpoon 5 Miler, which ends with a party at the Harpoon Brewery. What a coincidence – I am scheduled to run 5 miles this weekend anyway…and I love BEER!
- I’m thankful that my employer takes part in summer Friday hours. Starting next week, we get let out at 2:00 every Friday until Labor Day weekend. My coworker Rebekah (also the writer of the most recent Travel Tuesday Takeover posts) and I used to spend our summer Fridays at the pool at her old apartment. Her most recent place also has a pool, so we will most definitely be taking advantage of that. Favorite. Thing. Ever.
- I’m thankful that baking mistakes sometimes turn out okay. Last week I found a recipe for banana protein muffins on Dashing Dish. I had all the ingredients, and I’ve been curious about cooking with protein powder, so I tried it out. It seemed so easy – no need for mixing – just throw all the ingredients in a blender or food processor. They were supposed to look like this:
But they ended up looking like this:
They sunk! Oh well, they ended up tasting pretty good and have proved to be a great topper for overnight oats and a perfect protein-filled afternoon snack at work. Pretty? No. Delicious? Yes.
Readers: What are a few things you’re thankful for right now? Any fun plans for the weekend? Have you ever failed a recipe that you read on a blog?