WIAW #15: Veggies and Abs {What I Ate Wednesday}

by Sarah on July 11, 2012 · 12 comments

in Fitness,Food,WIAW

As many of you in the blogging world know, Wednesdays mean ‘WIAW’. For the last 15 weeks (cray!) Wednesdays over here on Blonde Bostonian have definitely meant ‘What I Ate Wednesday’. But today also means ‘abs’! This month, Jenn is asking everyone to not only showcase their eats for the day but also different ways that they enjoy fitness.

I used to be really good about ab moves and training my core. As I started running more, I definitely let the core moves go to the wayside. In the last 6 months or so, I’ve definitely tried harder to get those ab moves into my workout. It helps me run faster and stronger, and keeps my hips in check. I’ve been using an app called “bit timer“, an interval timer. It is bar far the easiest interval timer app I’ve seen. I’ve been using my bit timer app to complete this plank circuit that I came up with. Try it out!

Now on to the food!

Breakfast

Protein smoothie made up of 1 banana, some almond milk, frozen strawberries, ice, and chocolate protein powder. Paired with a couple energy balls. Yum.

Lunch

A salad beast with greens, baby tomatoes, black beans, feta, and balsamic. On the side was a lemon Chobani mixed with blueberries and granola. I forgot how much I love the tart lemon flavor!

Snack

Caramel Peanut Protein Simply Bar – this is definitely my favorite flavor so far.

Dinner

An Amy’s Veggie burger topped with jack cheese, a sweet potato topped with roasted red pepper hummus, and roasted Brussels sprouts. This meal was quick, easy, and good. Lately, my weekday meals have NOT been creative. One of my goals for moving in with Bernie is to start experimenting more with different recipes. Now that I have someone else to feed every night (instead of every once in a while) I am gonna have to get creative. Plus, it’s a lot more interesting for you guys than my normal dinners.

Dessert

Tonight I indulged in a piece of Key Lime pie that I made for Bernie’s birthday. Yum!

Readers: What are some of your favorite eats lately? Have you done any fun workouts lately? What is your favorite type of workout?

1 chelcie @ chelcie's food files July 11, 2012 at 8:32 am

that key lime pie looks amazing..smoothies are definitely my go to breakfast these days..and the sweet potato hummus combination is the best..especially when you add goat cheese to it also! yum!
chelcie @ chelcie’s food files recently posted..WIAW-delicious summer eatsMy Profile

2 blondebostonian July 11, 2012 at 3:43 pm

<3 goat cheese!

3 Brittany @ GOtheXtraMile July 11, 2012 at 10:06 am

Everything looks great! The lemon is one of my favorite flavors. That’s why I’ve been loving the lemon stevia lately, tastes so similar!
Brittany @ GOtheXtraMile recently posted..Back At ItMy Profile

4 blondebostonian July 11, 2012 at 3:42 pm

I’ve been wanting to try the stevia drops. I love the Chobani flavors, but don’t love the added sugar. I try to avoid the flavored ones, but the lemon was calling my name!

5 Lindsay @ Running the Windy City July 11, 2012 at 12:20 pm

Your eats look so good! I love the sweet potato and brussels sprouts and lemon chobani is the best flavor ;).

You made key lime pie? You go girl!
Lindsay @ Running the Windy City recently posted..2012 Strike Out ALS 5k Race RecapMy Profile

6 blondebostonian July 11, 2012 at 3:42 pm

Haha yeah. I only made it because he loves it and I was working from home on a Friday so I had the time. It is a bit time consuming, but only because you have to let it cool before you add the whip cream.

7 MassachusEATS July 11, 2012 at 1:49 pm

Hummus on a sweet potato? Damn, I gotta try that one out! :)
MassachusEATS recently posted..WIAW #21My Profile

8 blondebostonian July 11, 2012 at 3:41 pm

It’s so good! Really creamy.

9 Alyssa (pb and oats) July 11, 2012 at 2:18 pm

Everything looks delicious! I may have to download that app if it’s free

10 blondebostonian July 11, 2012 at 3:43 pm

Do it! I don’t remember if it’s free, but if it isn’t, it was definitely worth the money!

11 Laura @ Mommy Run Fast July 11, 2012 at 3:41 pm

The ab workout is perfect timing… I prefer to run too, and my weights are slacking. I really have to make myself get them in. All your food looks so good, especially that sweet potato and the pie, yum!
Laura @ Mommy Run Fast recently posted..Carb-loading, Veggie Stromboli and Cookie Dough PuddingMy Profile

12 jessie July 12, 2012 at 6:10 am

Your eats look delicious… esp that sweet potato and pie! :)
jessie recently posted..Blueberry Smoothie, Yes please!My Profile