1. A foot update! My foot is feeling a hell of a lot better. I have some theories as to what is happening. The main one being that my beloved Saucony Cortana 2′s are just too low profile for longer runs right now. They’re a 4mm heel/toe drop, much lower than anything I’ve run in before. I adjusted very slowly to them, taking about 2 months to get used to them. I ran in them when I was transitioning back to running after my stress fracture, so I had to go slow. I just think they’re too low profile for longer runs over 6 miles for me right now. Luckily, I have my Mizuno Wave Rider 16′s and will be sticking with those for a little while. I’m still going to the doctor next Wednesday – I want imaging to tell me 100% whether or not it was only a tendon issue – but for now, my Saucony’s will become my go-to’s for shorter, faster runs. Super bummer too, I really love those shoes.
I ran on the treadmill last night before taking an upper body weights class at my gym. I went into the run saying that the second I felt pain I would stop, but I never did. I ended up running 3 miles with no pain at all. I would say right now I’m not feeling pain necessarily, it’s more like an awareness (if that makes any sense?). It also could be that all my thoughts have been about my foot lately, so I’m hyper aware of it right now. It’s nothing like I experienced with my foot stress fracture or the tibial stress fracture I had years ago. It hurt to stand on my foot stress fracture, let a lone run on it. All of these things make me think it’s just soft tissue. But I definitely want the x-ray and doctor’s opinion before I call it.
2. I am going to not one, but two yoga classes this weekend! Saturday I am having a girls yoga date with my blend and yogi teacher-in training Amy. Then on Sunday I am heading to a yoga for runner’s class at OMBE. I can’t wait to try out my new yoga mat in a real class.
3. The reason I am going to the Sunday yoga class is because I got the wonderful opportunity to partner with Eventbrite as one of their blog ambassadors. Both Jen from Boston Bachelorette and I are taking part in the Eventbrite Blogger Tour of Boston. Over the next few months, we’ll both be attending various events throughout the city. Eventbrite makes it easy for people to sell tickets to events and is a great place to discover fun events happening in your city. I’ve purchased tickets for concerts and my senior year bar night when I was in college through Eventbrite. I can’t wait to get started. I am a self-proclaimed homebody, and I welcome the opportunity to try new things and experiences (remember my 2013 goals??)
4. Valentine’s Day dinner is tonight! Bernie and I are celebrating late this year, so today is our love day. I’m looking forward to some delicious drinks and eats tonight.
5. I have been battling a cold for about a week now and have officially lost my voice. I started feeling better earlier this week, but my voice started getting raspy on Wednesday. By Thursday, it was just gone. Ugh. Lovely. Hopefully I get it back soon. It’s definitely annoying.
Readers: What are you up to this weekend? Share a few things going on in your life right now! Ever lose your voice before? What did you do for V-day?