1. Thank you, thank you, thank you for the wonderful comments on yesterday’s post. Sounds like a lot of you can relate to the idea of wearing masks. I didn’t want that post to come across as ungrateful. I am far from that – I love my life and count my blessings everyday for all the wonderful things and people that make up my life.
2. Koji is officially 5 weeks old (born September 5th) and I am getting more and more anxious to bring him home. Our breeder sent us updated photos last week when he turned 4 weeks old and I am still so in love, I can’t even stand it. It melts my heart. Both Bernie and I think his ears are starting to perk up a little bit. I bet they’ll be full on bat ears in a couple weeks!
3. Speaking of Koji, I am PUMPED for the Red Sox making it to the ALCS. They dominated the Rays and made it look easy. Except for the blown save from Koji Uehara in game 3. But whatever, he’s perfect about 95% of the time, it’s okay if he’s now only perfect 93% of the time. Another big win also means another big celebration. Those Sox know how to celebrate! And yes, that is Big Papi carrying Koji Uehara. Hilarious. Our team is a big bunch of hardworking guys who grind it out and then celebrate like college boys. Love it.
4. As much as I hate myself for it, I listened to Miley Cyrus’ new album on Spotify yesterday and it’s actually pretty amazing. That girl can really sing. If she just stopped sticking her tongue out a little bit and kept it in her mouth and sang, more people would take her seriously. One of my fav songs: “FU”…man she has some pipes! Also, if you haven’t seen her acapella of “We Can’t Stop” from Jimmy Fallon, stop what you’re doing and watch it. Also watch Quest Love’s face when she says “Trying to get a line in the bathroom.” Hilarious.
5. I can finally cross a big to-do off my list. The construction on our condo is finished! Thank goodness. There isn’t really a lot of big before and afters. They mainly painted all of our ceilings (because, let’s get real, that’s my least favorite thing in the world), patched all of the holes that the electricians left during their work last month, and fixed some things in the condo that we just don’t have the skill to do – patching big cracks, fixing some window casing, etc. I’ll share some after photos soon, especially once we get the spare bedroom at least livable. Right now it’s just Bernie’s junk room.
Readers: What’s new in your life? Any fun plans this weekend?
Anyone else actually like Miley’s new album or do you absolutely hate her (understandable)?
Any baseball fans out there? Who are you rooting for?