Coffee Date Monday {1.6.14}

by Sarah on January 6, 2014 · 20 comments

in Boston,Yoga

Well here we are! 2014! How is everyone’s first week of 2014 going? I hope you’re taking the small steps towards meeting your big 2014 goals.

This past week was weird…to say the least. Let’s chat about it, shall we?

CoffeeDateMonday

If we were having a coffee date today I would tell you…

• Winter. I’m over it. We got another snow storm this week, which turned my 2-day work week post-NYE into a much shorter, working-from-home week. I went home Thursday morning to park my car thanks to the snow emergency, and didn’t move it until yesterday. I spent 2 days inside and wanted to claw my way out by the time Friday night rolled around. On top of everything, we had sub-zero temps to make everything a little more unbearable. Thankfully, no frozen pipes or heating issues over here. Just a frozen puppy and bored 20-somethings.

Koji snow

• Speaking of Koji. He’s huge. He’s officially outgrown his first bed. It’s sad, but it was only a matter of time. He hasn’t been sleeping well at night and we thought a lot of it was because he just couldn’t get comfortable in his bed anymore. So Saturday we braved the cold and headed to Petco to pick him out a new bed. Koji took his first ride on the T and he was great. Didn’t mind it at all. LOVED Petco. SO MANY SMELLS! As of yesterday, he’s 4 months old. Where did the last two months go!?

koji growth

Koji on the TMind your own business, bro.

• I went to a fun yoga event yesterday at Gap in Copley Square. Gap is relaunching their GapFit line, so to celebrate, the Copley Square Mall Gap partnered with Boston Sports Club for a fun Sunday morning yoga event. I was invited by Tim, the manager at the Gap, and I jumped on the chance for some Sunday morning yoga. After an hour of some gentle yoga, we got to browse the racks. Of course, I couldn’t leave without something. These leggings are no joke. Flattering, comfortable, and fun, the GapFit gFast leggings remind me a lot of Athleta’s Chaturanga tight, except with a drawstring. I haven’t taken them off all day. LOVE.

gap fit

• I feel totally out of the loop. A mid-week Christmas and New Year’s has totally thrown me for a loop. I feel like I’ve had 3 weekends in 2 weeks. And my body and mind is dragging. I’m craving routine! I am ready to just do the work/workout/home thing. I’m also looking forward to running a bit more this month than I did last month. More on that later…

Readers: If we were having a coffee date today, what would you share with me?

1 Alex @ therunwithin January 6, 2014 at 7:52 am

I love that phase where the puppy is starting to grow up – they still act like a puppy but don’t necessary look like one anymore. Glad you survived the crazy snow up there! I am so over winter too. Can it be warm again?
Alex @ therunwithin recently posted..Rock N Roll USA: Go TimeMy Profile

2 Matt @ Runner Savvy January 6, 2014 at 8:37 am

I’m over winter too!
Matt @ Runner Savvy recently posted..Would You Rather Running Survey #7My Profile

3 Lindsay @ Running the Windy City January 6, 2014 at 8:57 am

This winter has been awful. I’ve been cooped up since about 4:00 Saturday afternoon and I’m going crazy. It’s -15 feels like -35 in Chicago right now though so it’d be miserable to leave too.
Lindsay @ Running the Windy City recently posted..Training Report {12/30 – 1/05}My Profile

4 Sarah January 7, 2014 at 9:32 pm

Ugh…keep thinking about you in Chicago. Those temps are brutal. I can’t wait until later this week when we get back into the 30′s and I and I can run outside again.

5 Melissa January 6, 2014 at 9:20 am

I’m right there with ya on the snow. No thank you! It’s seriously crazy how fast Frenchies grow! My best friend had one and he out grew everything in the blink of an eye!
Melissa recently posted..January Reset: 21 Day Detox PlanMy Profile

6 Sarah January 7, 2014 at 9:33 pm

It’s really funny. He’s outgrown his first sweater, leash, bed, and collar already and it’s only been 2 months.

7 Sara @ Zero to Sixty January 6, 2014 at 12:28 pm

I hear ya… I am so over the winter as well! I miss running weather & clear sidewalks!
Sara @ Zero to Sixty recently posted..Oh the Holidays…My Profile

8 Sarah January 7, 2014 at 9:31 pm

yes! Running in snow and ice makes me so nervous.

9 Dana @ Conscious Kitchen Blog January 6, 2014 at 12:46 pm

We’ve been having awful winter weather here (Chicago) too. I’ve spent most of the past few days at home and I just don’t know what to do with myself anymore. Can’t wait until this all passes. I bought some tops from the GapFit line as Christmas gifts. They were so soft – should have picked some up for me too!
Dana @ Conscious Kitchen Blog recently posted..2014: A Year of GoalsMy Profile

10 Sarah January 7, 2014 at 9:31 pm

oh man, Chicago is getting slammed! Hope you’re staying warm.

11 Lauren @Will Run for Boston January 6, 2014 at 2:40 pm

I love GapFit! I’ll have to pick up a pair of those leggings the next time I see a Gap! :)
Lauren @Will Run for Boston recently posted..Sunday Summary – 1/5/2014My Profile

12 Sarah January 7, 2014 at 9:29 pm

Totally should! I’ve been living in them 24/7

13 Stephanie @ My Freckled Life January 6, 2014 at 2:49 pm

I’m over winter too – but it’s still in 20s here. So I can’t even imagine what it must be like for your northerners! Although I wouldn’t mind getting out of work for a few days because of snow! Also, those leggings are adorable! I didn’t even know that Gap had an athletics clothes line. Totally going to have to go check that out now! And Koji… adorable as always!
Stephanie @ My Freckled Life recently posted..Chill and Uneventful WeekendMy Profile

14 Sarah January 7, 2014 at 9:29 pm

thanks :)

15 Caroline January 6, 2014 at 5:25 pm

I love GapFit! : )
Caroline recently posted..Making Plans in 2014My Profile

16 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake January 6, 2014 at 8:57 pm

Koji looks so comfy in his new bed! :-)
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..Meal Plan Monday: 1/6My Profile

17 Courtney @ Don't Blink. Just Run. January 7, 2014 at 6:46 am

Isn’t it so sad when your little fur baby outgrows their bed? Our two kittens used to snuggle together in ONE bed but now that they’re a year and a half old they each barely fit in their own (and yes, we had to buy a second bed, of course!).
Courtney @ Don’t Blink. Just Run. recently posted..Unleashed ReviewMy Profile

18 Sarah January 7, 2014 at 9:29 pm

haha awww. I wish they would stay tiny forever.

19 Alaina January 7, 2014 at 4:12 pm

Bummed I couldn’t make it to the Gap event! Those leggings look so comfy. :-)

I am so done with winter! It has been a long two weeks and I cannot wait for temps to get back up in to the 30s…heat wave! Haha.
Alaina recently posted..Race #1 – 1st Day 5KMy Profile

20 Sarah January 7, 2014 at 9:29 pm

Seriously…it’s sad when 30 degrees is a “heat wave.”